What Is Face Contouring?
Have you heard about face contouring? You may have, as this is becoming popular among all the ladies and even teenage girls these days. Face Contouring is basically a makeup technique which involve dealing more with your cheekbones. In this technique cheekbones are given a shade in such a way that it can transform your facial bone structure giving you much improved appearance highlighting your good features.
Well, every one of us is never satisfied with our facial features. Dissatisfaction is basic human nature. Our unattractive featured or the features that we don’t like on our face like unattractive face shape, broad chin etc. can be easily hid using this face contouring. It emphasizes your fake cheekbone structure that will transform the reflection of your face. For example if you have angular facial shape and your jawline is much wider than other part of your face then face contour done perfectly will highlight your cheekbone in such a way that it will diminish the width of your jawline by changing the focus of people from that part to highlighted part. This way face contouring helps us achieve beauty goals easily.
Process Of Contouring Face
So you have understood all about contouring and I am sure you would be interested in knowing how all this can be accomplished at home. So we are sharing a complete guide to do face contouring by yourself quite easily.
- In most of the cases our cheekbones can’t be identified in our normal facial expressions. And to accomplish face contouring you should first need to place your cheekbone. To do that suck your cheeks in and in the resulting shape of your face you can easily identify your cheekbones.
- Now apply the bronzer or contour powder with the help of brush on the sucked in area just under your cheekbones. Start from the edge that is beside your lips to the top of your ear. Complete the whole distance in one swipe to give a flawless finish.
- Make sure you do not apply bronzer over your apples and upper part of your face.
- Make sure that your bronzer or contour powder is darker than your foundation or skin tone. It is recommended to get a contour powder that is preferably 2 shades darker than your complexion.
- Now take a good quality highlighter to finally highlight your cheekbones. This should be careful. Highlight the cheekbones from staring edge towards the edges of your eyes in a tapping movement.
- Highlighter will add slight shimmer to your cheekbones creating a suitable bone structure of your face. Cream based highlighter is perfect to use but if you are aware of the highlighter that is suitable for your skin then you can make use of it.
- Some of the ladies have heavy or broad chin. If you are interested in slimming that down you should highlight your chin from its center just below the center of your lower lip.
- If you have too small or big eyes then contouring can help you in this section as well. Contour your eye shadow and edges of your eyes by brightening up to give appropriate and suitable shape and size to your eyes. By contouring eyes, you can make your small eyes look larger and make your too larger eyes look comparatively smaller.
Contouring is an amazing makeup technique that can bring perfection to your facial features. It is basically a skillful way to highlight best features of your face. By such techniques you need not to go to a professional for even on special occasions. So try these steps by yourself and add face contouring makeup to your makeup style to have a flawless and perfect look.