Types of vitamins which is required for proper functioning of our body
Vitamins are one of the most important nutrients that our body needs to maintain a proper and sound functioning. Some of these functions include maintaining a healthy blood sugar level, maintaining a good heart as well as boosting of immunity to name a few. Deficiency of vitamins may lead to several deficiency diseases. Let us see some important vitamins here:
- Vitamin A:This particular vitamin is highly required if you really want to have an excellent vision. What is more, this vitamin is also indispensable for good bone development as well. So, having foods rich in vitamin A will not only help you to have a good vision, but also help you to become stronger and taller also.Foods that are rich in vitamin A are black grapefruit, broccoli, spinach, sweet potato, carrots, mango, cantaloupe as well as white grapes.
- Vitamin B1:This particular vitamin helps to increase your growth and makes your body strong enough. It even helps maintain a good digestive system. Vitamin B1 helps to maintain a perfectly healthy heart and sound nervous system. The best sources of vitamin B1 are rice, peanuts and soybeans.
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin): Riboflavin is better and commonly called vitamin B2. It is extremely important to help increase in height as well as keep various diseases at an arm’s length.. The foods that have rich vitamin B 2 content are eggs, fish, milk, and green leafy vegetables. Daily eating these diet will definitely help you on the long run.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid):This vitamin is extremely essential to maintain a healthy and glowing skin as well as keep several types of diseases at bay. This is because it helps to increase the levels of the body.Vitamin C is most commonly found in all citrus fruits such as lemons, sweet lemon, oranges, berries. water melons contain good amount of this vitamin also.
- Vitamin D:This particular one is the most important one to maintain a good and healthy bone structure. Sunlight as well foods like milk, tomatoes, citrus fruits, potatoes and cauliflower are extremely good sources of vitamin D. This vitamin plays a vital role in the overall metabolism of your body and even helps in the maintenance of strong bones.Deficiency of this particular vitamin can often lead to problems associated with the bones, and as a result you may land up having bone fractures, brittleness of bones and what not.
- Vitamin E: This vitamin is extremely essential to boost your immune system. Vitamin E helps to maintain a sound immunity of your body, so that you do not suffer from several types of diseases quite often. This vitamin also helps to protect your skin from several harmful effects and I can assure you that if you really wish to have a radiant as well as glowing skin, then this vitamin should be included in your daily routine diet without any doubts whatsoever. Moreover, this vitamin can prove to be a great agent in protecting your body from various types of infections.Foods that are rich in vitamin E include almonds, milk made from almond, sunflower seeds, asparagus, almond butter, olives, spinach, certain green leafy vegetables as well as olive oil.
- Vitamin K:This particular vitamin is produced naturally in the intestines of the human body. The basic function of this particular vitamin is to help and assist in the clotting mechanism of blood. This vitamin is so extremely important that it even helps to prevent the process of calcification inside the arteries as well as the soft tissues in your body. Foods that are rich in vitamin K are cauliflower, cabbage, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, spinach, cabbage, kale and most other green leafy vegetables.