Retro Makeup: 50’s Pin Up Look
The classic retro look is a fashion trend that can’t be out of style for a long period of time. It gives us a bold, attractive and vivid look. It includes everything, whether that is dark red lips or smoky eyes. The good thing is that it is not that much difficult for you to have this retro look. It can be easily done at your home. This look is good for parties and other special events. To let you have a perfect retro makeup we have brought this retro makeup guide for you. Here are some tips and methods for retro look that can be attained for any retro based party or special occasion. We will focus on eyes and lips.
Retro Look for Eyes: Beginning with eyes is always a good idea. Retro look includes bright shades. The needs to be focused more. Bold and bright cat eyes are the speciality of this look. The steps for eyes makeup are as follows:
- Apply the primer over the eye lid. Cover entire lid and eye brow area. Use your finger to blend it well.
- Fill the whole eye area with matte shadow lighter than your skin tone. This will help in enhancing the main eye shadow colour.
- Now blend softly and lightly the edges that will make this effect more natural and soft. Avoid rubbing above the lid.
- Take an angled brush and use black or brown shadow accordingly which suits you better. You can also make your eyebrows more thick if they are greatly thin.
- Use a thick eye liner. You can go for a gel eyeliner as that will provide a better control over the brush.
- Use mascara as much as you can. Don’t feel like it will look weird or extra, as retro look is all about boldness.
- You can also use fake lashes to add more drama to your retro look.
Retro Look for Lips:
After eyes we need to work on lips. Dark red dramatic lips are best for retro look. Here are some more tips for you for colouring your lips:
- For retro look it is always preferred to have dramatic red lips.
- Use red lipstick that can be preferably matte.
- You can have lipstick that has blue undertones.
- If your upper lip is thinner then you can use strong lip liner as retro look is about rounded big bright red lips.
Some more tips for Retro Look:Don’t forget to powder your face well. This kind of look is matte look so need to avoid any kind of product that is creamy or have shimmer in them. If you are using blush then don’t apply it on cheekbones and also prefer to use a pink blush. Apply the blush in a circular manner around face. All these things will make your retro look more attractive and bold. Don’t worry if it gives a bolder look, because retro look is all about boldness and attractive bright makeup.
So this was all about getting a retro look. This is not a difficult look to go for. The look we have discussed here is not for daily basis but for special parties or occasions having retro based theme. Retro makeup is something that will not be out of fashion for long. So it’s good to have a good hand on this particular look.
Now if you are having any retro based party, don’t worry just follow and use these tips and get ready to rock. The best thing is that this look is not that much difficult to get, sitting at home. Just a few steps and you are ready for the bold and vivacious retro party.