Malnutrition – Everything You Need To Know About It
To solve a problem, we need to get to the root of it. To prevalent nutrition, let us first get to know what malnutrition actually is and how it is caused.
What exactly is malnutrition?–
To speak in a nutshell, malnutrition is such a condition when a person does not get enough nutrients in the diet and this causes the person to become less immune o diseases and becomes weaker and weaker. Problems that are often associated with malnutrition are rickets, beriberi, fatigue, stunted growth.
What are the main causes of malnutrition?–
Well, there are several factors that lead to malnutrition in people. Let us get to know the root causes of malnutrition in the following lines:
- Restriction on diets: This is often the case of the aged people. Most aged people have problems related to health and dental issues too. Such people are never allowed to eat whatever they want, and there are several restrictions placed on their eating habits.
- Frequent use of laxatives: It should always be kept in mind the laxatives in case of constipation are needed, but its overuse can often cause problems like malnutrition.
- Extreme cases of dieting: Well, this is often the case of young generations. Often young girls feel that dieting to great extent will help them to become slim and fit. But it’s just the opposite. It rather makes them fall prey to malnutrition…severe malnutrition in some cases, which may land them in life threatening positions also. So, the next time you are dieting, do keep this in mind.
- Extreme alcohol intake and addiction: Alcohol is good in very small quantities for some ailments. However if it crosses the ultimate limit it may lead to malnutrition. Alcohol comes in the way of proper metabolism in the body also and this lands you in a great danger.
- Lesser income: This is in the case of those who are well below the poverty line. Those people can hardly manage a one-time meal, what to speak of proper nutrition. In such cases, they land up suffering from malnutrition, which often causes death in extreme cases.
- Depression: Well, if you are stressed out and depressed to a great deal, you are likely to suffer from several problems, one of them being malnutrition.
- Vomiting and diarrhea: In certain cases when you are suffering from severe diarrhea or vomiting, you may land up suffering from malnutrition. This because all the nutrients are drained out from your body.
- No breast feeding: In some cases where a mother is not able to properly breastfeed her child, then the child is likely to suffer from malnutrition.
How can you recover from malnutrition?–
- Consult a doctor: This i is the best possible option. You should at first go to a doctor or a dietitian. No one is better than a doctor. Take his advice as to what you should do.
- Regular exercise: Well, you can opt for daily exercise routine. It will help to stimulate your hunger and then you will be more aware of your proper food timings and diet.
- Eat fresh fruits daily: Well, although this is the step which you should take if you cannot go to a doctor, still it may help you a lot. There is no substitute for fresh fruits. They are rich in vitamins and minerals and will give you good results.
- Go for health drinks: Health drinks and supplements have high amounts of nutrients in proper ratios. So, it is always advisable to opt for health drinks if you want to cure yourself from malnutrition.
How to prevent malnutrition?–
To keep malnutrition at bay, consider having meals which has the following nutrients: