MAIN CAUSES OF HAIR LOSS IN CHILDREN
Are you afraid from the hair loss problem of your child? Then it is important to find the main problem from which this happen to your child and after that take the right step to treat them. Parents need to recognize the hair loss problem among children till it becomes late. As we know hairs mainly reflects about your health. If your child has any problem related to hair it means your child is not healthy. There are many reasons of hair loss in children like malnutrition, using comb on wet hair, tight ponytails, use of chemicals, use heating products.
There are also medical reasons available for hair loss in children which are described here. But it is not issue because these are treated easily by medical prescription.
• Tinea capitis: – This is an infection which is mostly found in children. This disease also known as ringworm. In this disease round and oval shape patches are created. And sometimes black spots are also created.
How can be treated:-
• Oral anti-fungal is suggested by the doctor for the treatment.
• Shampoo also recommended for the treatment which decrease the fungus.
Do not share objects like hats, pillows, clips and brushes.
• Alopecia areata: – In this disease smooth patches are created in round and oval shape. But patches are created without broken of the hair. It is caused by the attacking the body’ immune system.
There is no cure available for this disease but you can only control it. Hair will be back within a year or will be loose again. This can also loss your body hair.
• Trichotillomania: – This hair loss can be caused by twisting, pulling, or rubbing his or her hair. Patches are created by broken hair typically on the side of the child’s dominant hand. This disease is caused due to excess stress in your child’s life at home or at school. Counselling is best for your child to overcome this problem.
• Telogen effluvium: – This is the condition in which severe or sudden stress stops the normal hair growth. Reasons like surgery, high fever, death of loved one and due to certain meditation. There is no cure for this disease available. After the stressful time period growth of hair is started again.
• Nutritional deficiency: – This is the most common reason for the hair loss. Hair loss mainly occurs due to deficiency of iron, zinc, vitamin B, vitamin H or biotin. Make sure that you want to add these supplements to your child’s diet.
• Endocrine problems:- In some children the cause of hair loss is hypothyroidism, a condition in which the thyroid is underactive and is producing an insufficient amount of thyroid hormones required for regulating metabolism. Doctor can diagnose it by made a blood test.
If your child is facing hair loss problem then it can be due to certain disease so don’t take it lightly and want to consult with child specialist. And get a treatment for your child.