Lipsticks And Lipstains
We all love to give attractive color to our lips makeup is the key to have beautiful appearance. We use various lipsticks and lip glosses for this purpose. In addition to lipsticks and lip glosses, you may have heard of lipstains or might have used that as well. Lipstains give us a perfect alternative to lipsticks that lasts for long as compared to lipsticks. So in this article we will be discussing about both lipsticks and lipstains side by side so that you can come to know about their similarities and differences.
Difference Between Lipstick And Lipstains
The most basic difference between lipstick and a lipstain is that lipstain basically acts as an impermanent dye for your lips and helps to saturate color with your lips. Although lipstains are just like lip balms but when it gets dried on your lips, it leaves colored stain on your lips. On the other hand lipsticks or lip glosses is like applying a colorful wax to your lips. A lipstain lasts for longer than your lip gloss or lipstick. As all the lipstains are made with waterproof formula and don’t get removed once it gets dried. You will find some of the lipstains in market that you can use for multi-purpose like for adding color to your cheeks and more.
Lipsticks are the first ever used product introduced commercially to let ladies color their lips. With the advancement in cosmetics lip glosses and then lipstains got introduced. All these products are ultimate to use depending upon one’s requirements and can also be combined to give additional effects to your lips.
Lipstains are gaining popularity due to their durability. Although lips get little but drier after using lipstains. For overcoming this you can use lip gloss over lipstain as this will add glossy and liquid effect to your lips preventing them from during too early.
Various Types Of Lipstains
Lipstains are available in various forms and versions. Various types of lipstains you can find in market are:
- Brush On
- Pot or Cream
- Gel Pumps
Method To Apply Lipstains:
- Opt the lipstain style that suits you best. You can either use a brush or your finger to apply lipstain to your lips.
- Before applying anything to your lips, exfoliate these to remove dead skin present on your lips. Exfoliation will do that leaving smooth and fresh skin behind.
- Apply your favorite lip balm after exfoliation to deliver appropriate moisture to your lips. Lip balm will also help to saturate lipstain properly to your lips.
- Apply lip liner of similar shade as that of your lipstain or basically one darker shade. This step is optional. If you want your lips to look more natural then simple pass this step.
- Finally apply lipstain to your lips gently. Use sweeping movement of your fingers over your lips so that lipstain can get spread evenly over your lips. Don’t move fingers back and forth only apply to one direction. Blend that lipstain perfectly on your lips for best effects.
- If you want to add slight gloss to your lips then add a thin coating of clear lip gloss that will intensify the effects of your lipstains while making your lips shine.
Removing lipstain is a task that will need little bit efforts. As lipstains are waterproof so these will not get removed quite easily. To remove lipstains apply petroleum jelly or cold cream to your lips and wipe out with tissue. You can also make use of makeup removal pads for this purpose.
Hope you have enjoyed reading about lipstains. Keep getting more beauty tips by regularly reading our blogs.