How to Apply Foundation on Face?
Foundation is the backbone of your makeup. A foundation applied perfectly will make you look flawless and wonderful all the day long. Foundation should be applies in such a way that it can look like your natural skin. You should take appropriate time and consultation from your makeup artist for choosing right foundation for your skin. As type of foundation will work on your skin depends solely on your skin texture and tone. And of course upon selecting the right type of foundation you will need to possess the art of applying it perfectly. As proper application of a foundation is not as easier as it feels. But nevertheless, we are sharing complete process involved in perfect application of foundation right from selecting the best type of foundation for you.
How To Get Started With Foundation:
- First step includes the selection of best type of foundation shade as per your skin tone. The word foundation is not just a random name selected for this product rather it implies that it is the basis of your whole makeup. With the foundation you are going to put a natural looking layer on your skin that will bear your whole makeup to make you look wonderful. So while selecting the right shade you must ensure that it exactly matches the tone of your skin. Don’t hesitate to try a bit of foundation on your face while buying the product.
- As foundation comes in several modes that is loose powder, liquid, cream, aerosol and compact, so you need to choose right type of product that you feel most comfortable and appropriate. There is not much different in all such forms but some of the ladies love to go for the foundations in liquid form, some with cream and some with powder forms just because they feel more comfort in particular forms.
- Make sure that you have all the necessary tools of foundation application with you before you start applying foundation. You will need a big blending brush, an applicator brush and probably a sponge. Although you can also apply with fingers as your fingers can blend foundation very well. But for hygienic reasons it is better to go with applicators.
- First step in application process involves preparing your face by cleansing it well using a good quality cleanser. You can also exfoliate the skin using a scrub or exfoliator before applying foundation. Rub your skin gently to remove dirt and oil from the skin and making it fresh and soft.
- Now moisturize the skin with appropriate moisturizer as per your skin texture. Don’t let your skin dry as it will not give a proper finish to your foundation. Miniaturization is really necessary for nourishing your skin. If you have oily skin and fear that your skin will get too sticky then use an oil-free and water based light moisturizing lotion. Wait the moisturizer to get absorbed by skin before you move further.
- Apply primer to your face as primer will help your foundation to properly get set on your skin. Primer is kind of clear and light get that helps to smoothen your skin by setting dryness and imperfections.
- If you feel that you have too dark marks, moles or spots on your skin then apply a perfect concealer. Remember that your concealer should be one shade darker than your foundation. You can even hide your dark circles with concealer.
- Now finally put your foundation on your face. Whether you are using, liquid, cream, powder or any other type of foundation, first apply it on the center of your face and then blend it well on all over your face.
- Use your big brush and blend the foundation all over your face evenly.
- If you have uneven tone at various areas of your skin like under eyes, cheeks or chin then apply foundation along with setting powder for perfect even tone.
So this is the whole procedure for applying foundation perfectly on your face. Hope this article will be helpful for you.