How Much Should I Weigh For My Age And Height?
The body weight is a great factor to determine the person’s health. Let us see how to measure the exact weight in the following lines.
What are the main factors that determine the perfect body weight?–
There are several factors on which your weight should depend. These factors are a wide range and vary from one person to another. The factors on which your weight depends are as follows:
- Body structure
- Fat percentage of the body
- Bone density
- Genetic factor
How can you find out your perfect weight?–
There are several ways by which you can quite easily measure the perfect weight that you should be having.
- The weighing scale: Needless to explain that this one is one of the most common weight measurement techniques that can be used by anyone to measure the most accurate weight they have.
- Waist to hip ratio: This one is also an effective method to find the perfect weight that you should have at your age and height. To take the measurement of your waist, you should always measure from the smallest line just above the navel area. Generally waist to hip ratio is given by:
Waist to hip ratio= waist measurement at smallest point/Hips at the maximum circumference
Suppose your waist line measure 32 and the hips measure up to 40, then the waist to hip ratios = 32/40=0.8
- Body mass index: Body mass index method of weight calculation often referred to as the BMI calculation method is one of the most popular and most effective weight calculation techniques that has gained a hell lot of popularity in the modern times nowadays. Let us see the BMI calculation in metric system in the following lines:
BMI = Weight (in kg)/Height2 (in m)
For instance, if your weight is 100 kilograms and you have a height of 2.0 m approximately, then your BMI can easily be calculated as:
BMI = 100/ (2.0* 2.0) = 25
Presently tell us get to about the administrator Body Mass Index for determinations.
If your BMI is less than 18.5 then you are considered to be underweight.
If your BMI is between 18.5 to 25, then you are considered to have the ideal weight.
However, if your BMI is between 25 to 30, then you are overweight.
If your BMI happens to be more than 30, then you are extremely obese.
- Waist to Height Ratio: This is also one of the most accurate weight measurement techniques you can always safely opt for.
The waist to height ratio can be described as under:
Waist to height ratio = Waist measurement in Inches/Height measurements in Inches
Case in point, if your waistline measures 32 inches and your tallness is 5 ” 2″, the waist to stature proportion will be measured like this:
Waist to height ratio= 32/66=0.48
- Body fat percentage method: this one is also a reliable method when it comes to measurement of perfect weight. This method is quite common in the US and other countries too. If you are a woman whose body fat percentage is more than30%, then you should take steps to reduce the extra pounds that have been troubling you. And if you are a man and your body fat percentage is more than 37%, then you too have think twice before taking in as much food as you want.
However, it needs to be mentioned here that the body fat percentage method is only for the adults and children cannot benefit from this method.
What is the ‘almost ideal’ weight that you should have?–
Well, frankly speaking the ideal body weight varies from one person to another and is a relative thing. If you calculate by any of the above mentioned methods you can quite easily find out your ideal weight.