HINDU BRIDAL MAKEUP
Wedding is an important milestone in one’s life wherein we want everything to be perfect so we can cherish it a few years down the line. To get a perfect look on your wedding day, you have to keep in mind every little detail. While we splurge big bucks on our designer wedding outfit without thinking twice, it is necessary to do good makeup to complement it. India houses diverse cultures with different traditions. Hindu wedding, for starters is very elaborate as it has several ceremonies. Read on to know how you can look stunning by doing your own bridal makeup if you are a Hindu bride!
- CLEANSE: It goes without saying that before you begin doing your make up, you need to thoroughly cleanse your face. Use a mild face wash or foam to remove all the dust and grime from your skin. Pat dry and apply some alcohol free toner over your skin and finish it with a moisturizer.
- BASE: This step is important as it will make your skin look bright and radiant. Makeup artists recommend that you first apply a primer all over your face right after a moisturizer to make your makeup last longer. Then use a concealer to hide any blemishes, acne, dark spots or dark circles. Next is the foundation which will give maximum coverage and even skin tone. Opt for a cream foundation that matches your skin tone. Dot the foundation over your skin and blend it with a brush or sponge. Finally, lock in the foundation with a compact or a translucent powder to helps absorb the excess oil of your skin!
- EYES: Eye makeup is absolutely essential as it will accentuate the best feature of your face. Start by using an eye brow pencil to highlight your brows and hide any naked skin visible. Next apply a light shade of eye shadow that matches your outfit. You can even opt for a shimmery eye shadow. Once that is done, apply a dark shade of eye shadow over the crease and blend both the eye shadows well. Line your eyes with black eyeliner and also use some kajal on your waterline. End it by curling your lashes with an eye lash curler and apply a thick layer of mascara.
- CHEEKS: To achieve the flushed cheeks look, apply a nice quality blush on your cheeks. Using a blusher brush, apply it on your cheek bone in swift upward strokes. Extend it till the outer corners of your face (corner of the eyes) and blend it well. It is advisable to use a powder blush if you have oily skin or a cream blush if you have dry skin.
- LIPS: The thumb rule of makeup is to underplay the lips if your eye makeup is dark. The most common lipstick shades for brides are pink, coral and red. Before you apply lipstick, ensure that you moisturize your lips with some lip balm. Then line your lips with a lip liner that matches the lipstick you are going to be using. Once that is done, use a lipstick brush and neatly apply the lipstick.
Expert tip: In order to set your lipstick for longer periods of time, place a tissue paper on your lips right after you apply lipstick, dab some translucent powder over it, reapply some more lipstick and you’re good to go!
In order to get the perfect look, you must buy a good quality bridal makeup kit and also practice the entire look in advance so you don’t go wrong. While these tips are enough to make you dazzle on your wedding day, it is also important that brides follow a strict beauty regimen months in advance and follow a healthy diet.