High Calorie Foods You Should Know About
We often hear the phrases like “high calories” and “low calories”. But do you know actually what they mean and how do they can affect your life! The food we consume contains calories. These are the energy content of the food.
Food is the basic need of human being. A human cannot exist without eating food. Every one of us belongs to different set of social cultures with varied food habits. Therefore it becomes necessary to ascertain the common food items which should be consumed by all of us in order to have good health despite of varied conditions in which we live.
Are calories always beneficial?
Though calorie is the unit of energy content in the food it must be taken in limited quantity. High intake of calories leads to more fat in your body, certain disorders in your body.
Calorie Rich Foods To Include In Daily Diet :
There is variety of foods which should be included in our diet as per the calorie need of individual. Calories are the energy currency of our body. We all have our own set of calorie requirement depending upon the age group to which we belong.
Here is a list of few high calorie foods :
- Beef : Beef is one of the most sorted out food item in the whole world. They are rich in almost everything which is required for good health and long life. Nowadays beef is gaining popularity in almost all parts of the world.
- Citrus Fruits : The content of calories in citrus fruits is adequate. They are good source of other Vitamins too like Vitamin B-6.
- Papaya : Papayas are rich sources of vitamins, minerals and calories too. Each serving of about one papaya has about 200 Kcal calories per serving. Citrus fruits include lemons, oranges, pummel and grapefruit. Every one of us should have papaya as a part of our daily diet. Fruits are part and parcel of human food.
- Broccoli : It is a very rich source of energy and is easily accessible in almost all parts of world. Broccoli needs to get the proper attention by the health geeks due to its life saving and boosting properties.
- Green Leafy Vegetables : Most of the Green leafy vegetables are having abundant content of vitamins, minerals and provide good calories. Some of the green leafy vegetables which are good source of calories are Mustard Greens, Spinach, Turnip and Swiss chard.
- Almonds : Almonds are very good source of Vitamin E. They also provide good amount calories to the individual. A handful of almonds can give your skin the much required nourishment. Raw almonds are mostly favored one. Almonds are known for their health boosting benefits since time immemorial.
We should take calories only as per the required intake as high amount of calories will lead to the obesity and other related disorders. Obesity is one of the stressful diseases and is more common in the west than east. One should eat food which is pure and not stale. Our eating habits should be good and as per the international standards prescribed by the World Health Organization. Now a day’s most of the food items are being adultured, which has increased the vulnerability of the infants and growing adults. Adultured food not only malnourish the child but also induces various deadly diseases into the human body. One must buy eatables and other related food items from the trusted stores or vendors. It is better to eat less than to eat adultured food.