Healthy Diet Tips for Dengue Patients
Introduction: What is Dengue?
Dengue is an infectious disease caused by Aedes mosquitoes. Chikunguniya and yellow fever is also caused by them. They breed in stagnant water like flower vases, uncovered barrels, buckets, discarded tires, wet shower floors, toilets and tanks as we have in our home. Thus we pave easy ways to Aedes mosquitoes to breed and feed our own blood. They give such infectious diseases to us in return. We come across so many sad and tragic incidents in our daily newspapers caused by Dengue Fever. We should be aware.
Causes of Dengue Fever: At a Glance
Dengue is also called as ‘Bone Breaking Fever’. The Dengue fever brings stomach problems relating indigestion, several joint pain, nausea, vomit, high fever, pain in muscles, skin rashes, fatigue and pain behind eyes. It targets the liver. In complications it leads to death- DSS: Dengue Shock Syndrome.
Check the Following Diet Chart
There is no prescribed diet for Dengue ,. The doctors recommend some tips and cautious methods that will help in treating the Dengue fever. Take easily digestive food items not giving pressure to the digestive system.
1. FRUIT JUICE:Taking high quantity of liquid based food items help in removing the toxins away from the body. Fruit juices, milk and coconut water are advisable. Because the fruits are antioxidants, rich in Vitamins and fiber. Coconut water has minerals and electrolytes. They regulate fluid levels in our body. Vitamin C triggers collagen production in the patients’ body. They energize our lymphocytes and fight against the viral infection. So, utilize the time to drink more fruit juices.
2. PAPAYA LEAF:Papaya leaves help in treating the Dengue fever. The leaves have medicinal properties that would trigger the fast production of platelets in patients’ body. The papaya seeds are toxic to the Aedes mosquitoes. Take two leaves, crush into juice and drink twice a day.
3. VEGETABLE JUICES:We should not leave vegetables at the times of diseases. Carrot, cucumber and green leaves are rich in minerals that energize our immunity and reduce sufferings of pain.
4. PORRIDGE AND SOUPS:Cereals contains high fiber and many nutritional values. It gives strength to the patient to resist the weakness. Soups induce hunger and relieve joint pains. Soups are good for digestion and bowel movements. So, hold porridge and soup in your hands.
5. NEEM LEAVES:Neem leaves are well known for its medicinal values. Prevents type2 virus of dengue to replicate and bands its growth. So, don’t hesitate to take Neem juice. The leaves are bitter but they will save your precious life.
6. HERBAL TEA:Take natural tea. Add any herb in your tea as an ingredient. Ginger is anti inflammatory and antioxidant. Tea brewed with Euphorbia hirtal or asthma plant could reduce fever. Cardamom or peppermint also advisable ingredients. When you take tea next time, add any one of the ingredients.
7. PROTEIN RICH:Take protein rich food items to gain strength. And it is advisable to continue protein rich food after cure. Pulses, nuts and egg are rich in protein, Vitamins and fats.
8. AVOID spicy, salty, fried and oily food items.
9. NILAVEMBU KASHAYAM:A filtered decoction of Andrographis paniculata, Vetiveria zizanioides, Santalum album, Trichosanthes Cucumerina, Cymbopogen jwarankusa, Zinziber officinale, Piper nigrum, Mollugo cerviana and Cyperus rotundus in equal propotion is a sidhdha treatment for Dengue fever. Consult a physicist to take this drink. It will work.
Summary: Healthy Diet Tips for Dengue Patients
We should take care of ourselves. Take easily digestive food items during this period and save your liver and yourselves from the Dengue fever.