Hair-Straightening Product May Be Dangerous
Are you planning a hair straightening treatment? Well straight hair is the first choice of most of the women. Some of you might have naturally straight hair but most of you would not have. And thus ladies prefer to go for hair straightening treatments to have lustrous and straight hair for some limited time period may be 6 months, one year or more.
Hair straightening treatment actually make your hair lustrous and beautiful. Your hair become silkier and smooth. But do you know the associated consequences of hair straightening treatment? The side effects of this treatment are much more than what it delivers to your hair. And these side effects may vary person to person. So we have decided to introduce you to all the harmful effects that a hair straightening treatment can give you.
Dangerous Facts Associated with Hair Straightening
- Some of the products utilized in hair straightening methods contain higher levels of formaldehyde. Formaldehyde is a carcinogen and as per the complaints lodged to FDA, it causes various harmful effects like headaches, issues with nervous system, nausea, vomiting, chest pain, respiratoryproblems and many more. Such chemicals are not only harmful for people going through hair straightening procedure but also risk the health of salon workers.
- The direct heat and harsh chemicals may also risk the health of your hair. As these chemicals may not be suitable for everyone. If you are going to have this treatment for the first time then it is obvious that you are not aware of whether it will be suitable for you or not.
- Moreover with a straighten hair when you go out in the Sun exposure, the ultra violet rays may cause adverse effect to your hair health. As chemicals may react with the rays and can endanger the health of your hair and scalp as well. So it is always recommended to check out the products first before having a hair straightening treatment.
- Excessive dryness is one another side effect of the hair straightening treatment. After having a procedure full of chemical, exposure of hair to hair dryer may also crease some negative effects. Natural moisture of the hair may get lost to a much larger extent. And hair may look dry, dull or frizzy. As soon as the effect of treatment start decreasing you will realize that you have lost the natural quality of your hair.
- Having allergic reactions after hair straightening treatment is most common. And these reactions may be experienced immediately or within a few days after the procedure. The allergies you may experience include, itching on skin scalp, skin redness, redness of eyes or itching in eyes etc. In this case you should immediately consult a doctor to avoid major problem.
- You may even experience hair fall to a larger extent as a result of side effect due to the harsh chemicals used in the treatment.
These are major side effects associated with the hair straightening procedure. In order to protect yourself from all such side effects while also enjoying straight hair, first and foremost important thing is to choose a professional and reliable hair stylist. Secondly you must keep yourself aware of the products your hairstylist is using. You should aware yourself with the positive and negative actors associated with the ingredients carried by the hair straightening products. Also if after having a hair straightening treatment, you feel any type of side effects like itching, rashes, decline of health or anything, immediately consult with your doctor to cure the problem at earlier stage. All these precautions can save you from being a victim of hair straightening consequences.