Foods Rich In Vitamin K
Introduction: Vitamins – A Vital Nutrient
Vitamins are vital nutrients that plays an important role in our daily routine. For carrying any kind of work we need energy. Now what is energy? How do we get it? We can meet our requirements for energy by a good healthy and nutritional diet. There are some essential nutrients that has to be included in our diet and vitamins are one them.
Vitamins are organic compounds and are needed in a limited quantity by human body. Vitamins also regulates cell functions. Vitamin K is one of the most important essential vitamin required for overall development of the body of an individual. Vitamins are the chemical components which act as catalysts in carrying out various essential metabolic activities in the body. Vitamin K is found in composition with various other vitamins that are essential for the body. Here is list of some of the Vitamin K rich foods:
- Herbs: Herbs such as Basil is one of the richest sources of Vitamin K. Some of the herbs are found only in Himalayan region due to which the Vitamin K deficiency in these regions is quite rare.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Most of the Green leafy vegetables are having abundant content of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Some of the green leafy vegetables which are good source of Vitamin K are Mustard Greens, Spinach, Turnip and Swiss chard.
- Salad Vegetables: It is a custom and food habit in most of the societies of the world to have a salad at the end of food. Salad usually consist of raw vegetables sliced into various shapes and forms. They are also good source of roughage into our diet.
- Hot spices: West is not inclined towards the use of spices as compared to the eastern world. But it is a bit of awkwardness that often misinterpreted as bad for health, spices are good source of Vitamin K.
- Pickles: Pickles are part and parcel of various households. They not only increase the appetite but also are good source of vitamins and proteins. Vitamin K is found in abundant in pickles.
- Soybeans: The demand and popularity of soybean and soybean related products is increasing exponentially. Soybean is a very good source of Vitamin K. It also boosts the muscle growth of the athletes and is quite hit among gym goers.
- Olive Oil: Olive oil is a yellow gold in food terminology due to its various health benefits. Olive oil has replaced the conventional oil in various households.
- Prunes: Prunes are rich sources of various vitamins and minerals. They are easy to store and are easily accessible. We all must include prunes in our diet.
Use Of Vitamin K In Diet
It is very important to understand the need of vitamin K in our diet. Deficiency of Vitamin K will result in misbalanced intestinal absorption directly affecting the digestion of an n individual, aortic calcification and mortality. A recommended and balanced diet will surely prevent the vitamin deficiency related disorders.
Effects Of Deficiency Of Vitamin K In Diet
A deficiency of vitamin K will also catalyze the other disorders in the body. World Health Organization also known as WHO recommends a balanced diet for human beings, which is sufficient enough to prevent any disorder in the body. In case of a person is facing from acute Vitamin K deficiency, the person in that case can take tablets rich in Vitamin K as prescribed by the health expert. Self medication should not be done in any case. It may prove fatal too.