Foods High In Vitamin C
Due to advancement in medical science, people are now well aware of taking vitamin and protein rich diets. One of the most important vitamins which play a great role in maintaining health of an individual is Vitamin C, which is nothing but a chemical mixture with essential anti oxidant properties. It is important to mention here that almost all sort of vitamins are necessary but each and every vitamin has its own specific importance too in view of carrying out essential metabolic activities in the body.
Here is a list of some of the Vitamin E rich foods which one should take:
- Tomatoes : Tomatoes are one of the most sorted out food items in the whole world. They are rich in almost everything which is required for good health and long life. Nowadays tomatoes are found in almost all parts of the world and that at an affordable rate too. Vitamin C is found in abundant quantity in tomatoes. One serving has about 22.8 mg of Vitamin C.
- Citrus Fruits : The content of Vitamin C in citrus fruits is about 50 mg. They are good source of other Vitamins too like Vitamin B-6.
- Papaya : Papayas are rich sources of vitamins. Each serving of about one papaya has about 60 mg of Vitamin C. Citrus fruits include lemons, oranges, pummelo and grapefruit. Every one of us should have papaya as a part of our daily diet.
- Broccoli : 1 serving of 100g of broccoli has about 90 mg of Vitamin C. It is a very rich source of Vitamin C and is easily accessible in almost all parts of world. Broccoli needs to get the proper attention by the health geeks due to its life saving and boosting properties.
- Green Leafy Vegetables : Most of the Green leafy vegetables are having abundant content of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Some of the green leafy vegetables which are good source of Vitamin C are Mustard Greens, Spinach, Turnip and Swiss chard.
- Guavas : Guava is one of the richest sources of Vitamin C with Vitamin E content of about 228 mg per 100g of guava. There are also various anti oxidant properties in the guavas, which makes it one of the best and healthy fruit.
- Peepers : Peppers have about second highest content of vitamin C with about 183 mg of Vitamin C per 100 g of pepper. Peppers have become a part of diet in Indian sub continent. The Himalayan region is known to have a hundred kinds of peppers in its lap which differ in taste, aroma and appearance.
Benefits Of Vitamin C
Vitamin C is one of the most important nutrient to be consumed daily in our diet. Foods rich in Vitamin C helps to heal problems of teeth and gum and produces an important protein called collagen which helps in making of ligaments, cartilage, blood vessels, skin and tendons. Prevents gum bleeding and important to heal wounds.
Causes Of Vitamin C Deficiency
Here are few deficiency effects of Vitamin C:
- Deficiency of Vitamin C causes a medical condition known as scurvy.
- Causes internal bleeding
Vitamin C cannot be manufactured by the body, thus it becomes very important to have proper content of Vitamin C in our diet. Vitamin C is also important for other metabolic activities of the body. All the vitamins act as precursors of the metabolic reactions inside the body. Eatimg good food is most improtant in current times.