DIY TUTORIAL- HOW TO DO BRIDAL MAKEUP
The right bridal make up can completely transform the way you look on your wedding make up. Although you can hire a makeup artist to do your bridal make up, it can turn out to be super expensive. Thus, if you have taken the decision of saving some bucks and doing your own make up, then read on to know how you can achieve a flawless look on your wedding day.
STEP 1 – CLEANSE YOUR FACE: It goes without saying that before you begin doing your make up, you need to thoroughly cleanse your face. Use a mild face wash or foam to remove all the dust and grime from your skin. Pat dry and apply some alcohol free toner over your skin and finish it with a moisturizer.
Step 2 – PREPARE YOUR BASE: This step is of utmost importance as it will make your skin look fresh, bright and radiant. Here’s how you can prepare your base:-
- Primer: Makeup artists recommend that you first apply a primer all over your face right after a moisturizer. This not only makes your makeup last longer but also helps cover open pores, if any.
- Foundation: If there was a VIP of makeup, it would surely be a foundation. Opt for a cream foundation that matches your skin tone. Dot the foundation over your skin and blend it with a brush or sponge. Do not forget
- Concealer: Use a concealer to hide any blemishes, acne, dark spots or dark circles. If you have reddish pimple marks, professionals advise that you cover it up with a yellow, orange, lilac or green concealer.
- Compact powder: Finally, lock in the foundation with a compact or a translucent powder to give an even finish to your skin. Using a compact also helps absorb the excess oil of your skin!
Step 3 – ENHANCE YOUR EYES: If you highlight your eyes well, your face will look flawless. If you are doubtful about doing your eye makeup well, just practice before the d-day or attend makeup workshops conducted by professionals.
- Eye primer: Apply an eye primer on your eyes. This keeps the eye makeup intact for longer periods of time.
- Eye brow pencil: Use an eye brow pencil to highlight your brows and hide any naked skin visible.
- Eye shadow:Next apply a light shade of eye shadow that matches your outfit with the help of a brush over the lids starting from the inner corner. Once that is done, apply a dark shade of eye shadow over the crease. Blend both the eye shadows really well.
- Highlighter: In order to really bring out your eyes and make them sparkle, add a dash of highlighter at the inner corners of the eyes as well as the brows.
- Eyeliner: Line your eyes with a black eyeliner and also use some kajal on your waterline. Ensure that these are waterproof to prevent looking like a panda!
- Mascara: Curl your lashes with an eye lash curler and apply a thick layer of mascara. You can even consider sticking on some false eyelashes!
Step 4 – Cheeks with a rosy glow: To achieve the flushed cheeks look, apply a nice quality blush on your cheeks. Using a blusher brush, apply it on your cheek bone in swift upward strokes. Extend it till the outer corners of your face (corner of the eyes) and blend it well. You can use a powder blush if you have oily skin or a cream blush if you have dry skin.
Step 5 – Pop of color for your lips: Choose the right shade of lipstick that matches your outfit. The most common lipstick shades for brides are pink, coral and red. Start by applying some lip balm on your lips to moisturize, next line your lips with a lip liner that matches the lipstick you are going to be using. Once that is done, use a lipstick brush and neatly apply the lipstick. Finish it with some gloss on the center of your lips.
While these tips will help you achieve the perfect look, you must also ensure that you buy good quality products. Doing your makeup can sure be a task but if you practice it well and learn some professional techniques, we promise you’ll look ravishing on your D-day.