DIY: Make Your Own Lip Balm At Your Home
We all know the importance of lip balm for our lips. Lip balm is the only protection that can prevent damage to our lips. Although our Indian market is full of lip balms and similar lip moisturizing products offered by top brands from around the world. But it is not always a good idea to totally rely on market products, when it comes to giving nourishment to your lips. As nothing can work as deeply as a pure and natural products can. So in this article we have come with complete guide to make a purely natural lip balm at home by yourself.
Complete Guide To Make Pure Lip Balm At Home:
The various ingredient that you will need to have to make this homemade lip balm are as follows:
- One tablespoon beeswax
- Two tablespoons cocoa butter, two tablespoons shea butter and two table spoons of mango butter
- Two tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of honey. Make sure that honey you are using is pure
- A few drops of your favorite essential oil
Steps To Be Followed:
- Put some water to be heated in a pan at about medium heat.
- Now put a small jar into the water that you are heating in another pan. But make sure that the water from the pan can’t enter the jar. Our various ingredients like cocoa butter, mango butter, beeswax and more are in solid or semi solid forms so in order to melt them we need to follow these steps.
- Once you have put the jar into the pan containing water, put cocoa butter, mango butter, shea butter and beeswax into the jar so that these can get melted.
- Once all these ingredients get melted completed, turn off the heat and let the jar inside the containing hot water pan for some time to stir.
- Now add some drops of your favorite essential oil into the melted mixture. This essential oil will add pleasant flavor or scent to your home made lip balm. You can try add various essential oil extracts like, vanilla, almond, rose, lavender or more as per your choice.
- After this add some drops of honey to the mixture. Honey will help to add gloss and a sweet flavor to your home made lip balm. Honey is considered one of the best skin hydrator with antibacterial and anti-oxidative properties. Thus adding honey to your lip balm would be great for overall health of your lips.
- Once you have added all the above ingredients together mix it well using a spoon. Make sure to make the mixture smooth and soft.
- Now your lip balm is ready in liquid form. Finally you need to pour it into the desired makeup pot. You can make use of your old lip balm container.
- Keep the container containing your home made lip balm in room temperature or inrefrigerator. Let it cool down and set in a semi solid form just like the form of your lip balm you buy from market. Once you lips balm is all set you can apply it gently using fingers or applicator brush.
If you want to add natural dark purple color to your lip balm then you can also add some drops of beetroot juice. It will give attractive purple shade to your lips along with delivering necessary moisture.
The resulting lip balm made at home this way will be really effective for your lips. So follow these steps and experience the wonderful effects of this simple yet extremely nourishing homemade lip balm. Share your views with us through comments and keep reading more articles to get amazing beauty and health tips.