Dietary Tricks that can Reverse Prediabetes
Basic Introduction: What is Prediabetes?
Prediabetes is the stage of having abnormal high level of blood glucose, not as high as diabetes. It may take one to become diabetic in later years. It may cause heart disease. Prediabetes may lead to diabetes in such cases like one with inactivity, BMI over than 25, after 45 years of age, predisposed genetically, high blood pressure, having PCOS and Triglyceride more than 250mg/dl, HDL below 35mg/dl.
Don’t Be Afraid Of:
Prediabetes can be taken as an opportunity towards a good health. You become aware for your health with the prior information of prediabetes. Its mere a state of high level of sugar in blood and it definitely do not mean that person diagnosed for prediabetes will lead to diabetes of type 2.
Be cautious and check the blood glucose level when these changes occur in your routine works.
Fatigue, increase in level of thirst, frequent urination, problems in vision are few symptoms that can be noticed in a person with prediabetes.
It do not involves all the symptoms of diabetes.
Precautious measures to avoid prediabetes:
Change your life style regarding with diet and exercise. It is the only trick. By regular practice of exercise, you could lose weight and maintain health.
Following balanced diet plan for your health:
Healthy balanced diet is advised not only for Prediabetes but also for any disease. Green veggies like vegetables and fruits, starch rich sources like rice and bread, dairy, fish which are rich in protein, fatty food forms three portions of diet.
- Take whole grain based food instead of processed food.
- Intake of three servings of whole grains reduce the risk factors of leading to diabetes.
- Intake brown rice, slow cooked oats, whole grain pasta with whole grains.
- Avoid instant ready meals.
- Choose broccoli, carrots and spinach and veggies having less starch.
- Add corn and beans.
- Carbohydrates are advisable to stabilize blood sugar level.
- Fruits in moderate level.
- Stick with fresh fruits like kiwis, grape fruits, strawberries, blueberries, oranges and apples.
Some dietary tricks:
- Reduce the quantity of consuming 2 cups of rice to 1/3 cup.
- Take nuts.
- Take chicken and eggs which are rich in protein.
- Avoid consuming high salt and high fat processed food.
- Take fish three times a week to reduce risk factors.
- Avoid frying and prefer broil, grill, sauté or bake meat and fish.
- Take variety of mixed vegetables and fruits.
- Take 3 meals in a day properly.
- Instead of drinking, take the fruit as whole to get fiber which helps in balancing blood sugar.
- Stay away from sugar based beverages as sodas, sweetened juices.
- Take vegetable oils, olive oil, nuts, avocado and seeds to get necessary fat to your body.
- Drink a large quantity of water as much as you can, it helps you in controlling blood sugar.
- Reduce or avoid consuming alcohol. (less than 2 glasses is advisable for women)
- Take coffee without creamy and sugar adds.
- Replace low fat yogurt, peanut butter in the place of baked food stuff and potato chips.
Practicing a healthy balanced diet will lead you to a healthy life style, feel better and stay better. Millions of people are not aware of Pre-Diabetes, the pre stage of Diabetes. The bad food habits that we follow are the main reason for such kind of pathetic circumstances. So, improvise your dietary habits.
Note: Must Consult a doctor to check your glucose level and ask for your dietary plan. Choosing yourself anything is not advisable.