Copper Rich Foods: Beneficial or Not!
Introduction : Copper
Minerals are much required in the body for carrying out various metabolic activities of the body. One such important essential mineral is copper. Deficiency of copper leads to osteoporosis, joint pain and low immunity. Osteoporosis’s is a disease which lowers the density of the bones. Here is a list of foods which include good quantity of copper in it.
- Sea Foods: Most of the sea foods are rich source of minerals. But mainly oysters are having rich content of copper in it. Other sea foods having good amount of copper in them are lobster, crabs, squid and octopus.
- Mushrooms: Mushrooms are also a good source of copper. Mushrooms being seasonal are very rare in the market. But despite of limited source and production, they have a good number of consumers throughout the world.
- Sunflower Seeds: The content of Copper in Sunflower seeds is about 2 mg per serving. They are good source of other Vitamins too.
- Beans: The content of copper in beans is about 0.35 mg per serving, which is not bad at all. Copper is very essential for overall growth of the body of an individual.
- Prunes: Prunes are rich sources of various vitamins and minerals. They are easy to store and are easily accessible. We all must include prunes in our diet.
- Avocados: Avocados have about 0.30 mg Vitamin B-6 in about 100mg of it. The content of copper in avocados is about 0.2 mg per serving. This food has about 1.4 g fat in it too. It is a must have diet for office goers as it provides blend of protein, fat and vitamin too.
- Soybean: The demand and popularity of soybean and soybean related products is increasing exponentially. Soybean is a very good source of Vitamin K and copper too. It also boosts the muscle growth of the athletes and is quite hit among gym goers.
- Green Leafy Vegetables: Most of the Green leafy vegetables are having abundant content of vitamins, minerals and amino acids. Some of the green leafy vegetables which are good source of Vitamin K are Mustard Greens, Spinach, Turnip and Swiss chard.
- Seeds: various seeds are known to have good amount of copper in them, which also makes them edible and best for consumption. Consuming good food is the best way to stay fit and free from all diseases.
Benefits Of Copper In Diet:
Copper works as a anti-aging and protective metal for body. Copper leaves our body in different ways like sweating. We have to be careful for the intake of copper in our diet as it plays an important role for our glowing skin, vitality as we age and hair loss prevention.
Bad Effects Of Copper Deficiency
Deficiency of copper can cause various sort of disorders in the individual.
- Cellular Oxidation
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Brain Defects
- Hair loss
and many more such issues can create problem for us if we do not include sufficient amount of copper content in our diet.
Eating mineral and vitamin rich food should be made compulsory in every household. Having balanced diet not only ensures good health, but at the same time it ensures better protection from deadly disease due to presence of various anti oxidants in the food. One should eat food which is balanced in nature and has almost all the nutrients and vitamins. Presence of any component in excess is also not good and must be avoided at all cost. Copper is important for all of us.