Choose A Perfect Foundation For Your Skin Tone
Foundation is the makeup base that is used to cover the blemishes and flaws of your skin. A foundation perfectly hides minor skin flaws and makes your skin look flawless and clear with even skin tone. However foundation works best only if it has been selected keeping your skin tone in mind. You foundation should always match your skin tone, only then it will give an amazing effect. Sometimes while buying foundation we don’t even think about such aspects of our skin like skin tone and texture and that is why we can’t get the desired flawless makeup looks. A wrong foundation may make your skin look cakey, aged, duller or even uneven. So it is really important to choose the foundation as per our skin tone. And for this you must first know about your skin. To help you in this area, we are today sharing this article. After reading this you will be able to select appropriate foundation for your skin tone.
Know About Skin Undertones
Before selecting any type of foundation for your skin, you should know undertones of your skin first. Undertone is the actual color of our skin that does not changes. Whereas our skin color may get changed due to certain factors like acne or exposure to various elements. So you must know your undertone as it will enable you to select the right foundation for your skin. Skin undertones generally divided into three types that are cool, warm and neutral. Cool undertone means that your skin has more red, pink or blue tone. Warm means you have skin which is more yellow, golden or peach. And last neutral means a combination of warm and cool. So you have to identify in which undertone category your skin falls.
Determining Your Skin Undertone
If you are completely aware of the types of skin undertones then next step is to determine your specific undertone. You can identify that using several tests. In these tests you need to assess your eyes and hair color, colors that most suits you and how your appearance reacts to the Sun etc.
- A combination of naturally brown, black and blonde hair with grey, blue or green eyes means you have a cool undertone. If you have brown, amber or hazel eyes along with naturally auburn, strawberry blonde or black hair means your undertone should be warm.
- For cool undertones, silver jewelry is perfect. And for those with warm undertones, Gold jewelry is suitable. Women with neutral undertones will look amazing in both of the types of jewelries.
- People with cool undertone are more prone to burn easily and turn pink while exposed to the Sun. While warm under toned people will tan in the Sun rays.
Identifying Best Shades
Once you are aware of your skin tone then next step is to determine which shade will suit most as per your skin tone. Remember selecting foundation shade randomly will not work on every skin type. Because each skin tone has its own suitability as per the undertones. So let’s have an idea of what is suitable for different undertones.
- If you have cool undertones then you should choose a foundation that has rosy, red, or blue hues. You can also consider sable, porcelain or cocoa shades as well.
- For Warm skin undertones, foundation with yellow or gold base will work best. Golden, caramel or chestnut will also be perfect for warm undertones.
- If you have neutral undertones you can consider going with shades like ivory, buff or praline.
So these are very important tips to know your skin tone and the foundation shade that will work best for you. Always keep these facts in mind while choosing a foundation for you.