Calcium Rich Fruits You Should Definitely Eat
Calcium is a major element that helps in the proper maintenance of good bone structure, gums, teeth and what not. This important mineral plays a vital rolein the formation of enzymes. What is more, researches and studies have revealed that it helps a lot to lose a good amount of weight. Lack of calcium may often lead to serious health problems like osteoporosis as well as rickets. So, you really need to think twice before not including calcium rich foods I your daily routine diet.
What are the main calcium rich fruits?
No wonder green leafy vegetables, milk and other dairy products are excellent source of calcium, but there are also several fruits which are great sources of calcium. Let us see those in the following lines:
- Roselle:This is perhaps the best source of calcium that is known so far. Hence, it is a must for all to include in the diet.
- Dried Figs:Dried figs are an excellent source of calcium as well as vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants.
- Rhubarb:These are also a great source of calcium and what is more these help a lot to lose a good amount of weight.
- Olives:Being excellent source if iron, olives are also a great source of calcium as well.
- Zante Currants:Undoubtedly, these are excellent sources of calcium and can be safely included in the diet.
- Jujube:Dried jujube is superb sources of calcium, and you really need to try these.
- Tamarind:Tamarind not only has excellent health benefits, but also provides a hell lot of calcium.
- Dates:All variants of dates are rich sources of calcium.
- Apricots:Apricots that are dehydrated are excellent sources of calcium and is a must for all.
- Prickly Pears:Being extremely low in calories, pears are good sources of calcium as well.
- Raisins:Raisins are not only rich in proteins but also good sources of calcium.
- Oranges: Oranges are excellent sources of calcium as well as vitamin C.
- Pineapples:Pineapples have great health benefits, one of them being presence of calcium in great amounts.
- Litchi:Fresh litchis are excellent sources of calcium. So, it is a must in your diet.
What is the need of taking Calcium?–
Let us take a quick glance at the various functions of calcium that makes it quite important to be included in your daily routine diet.
- To prevent cardiovascular diseases:
If you have elevated blood pressure, then you can safely resort to calcium rich diet. It has the property to maintain a perfect blood pressure level and thus helps you to keep heart problems at an arm’s length.
- Helps you cut down fat:
Calcium helps a lot to make you slim and helps you a lot to cut down the extra fat layer in your body.
- Prevents Osteoporosis:
Calcium has a major role to play in the prevention of osteoporosis in people, especially aged persons.
- Helps maintain a smooth Menstrual Cycle:
Several researches have shown that calcium is a major element that helps to prevent muscular cramps during menstruation. So, girls! It is good news for you all out there.
Cancer is a deadly disease in today’s world. So, if you eat calcium rich foods you can easily combat cancer effectively.
- Helps in the clotting of blood:
Calcium has excellent properties that help to prevent excess of blood loss from the body as well as from cuts and injuries.
Needless to say, that calcium has myriads of health benefits, and not including this element in your diet can only lead to several health hazards. So, I would suggest you all to include this element in your daily routine diet so as to maintain a good health.