Anemia Diet – Nutritious Foods To Fight Anemia
Anemia is a condition when the RBC production in the body becomes extremely less, leading to several problems.
Let us get to know about the best sources that help you to prevent anemia. Some of the best foods are mentioned below:
- Eggs:One of the best foods that are extremely rich in minerals, vitamins, protein is egg. You can take eggs daily in any form, either hard boiled or something else. I do assure you that if you take eggs daily, you will never suffer from anemia.
- Beef:Beef is another great source of nutrients. If you take beef, you will never ever suffer from anemia at least
- Spinach:Spinach falls in the category of green leafy vegetables, having extremely high amounts of iron, magnesium, vitamins, calcium, manganese etc.It helps a lot to prevent anemia.
- Beet greens:These are another great foods that will help to prevent anemia.
- Corn: Corn is also an excellent alternative that you can easily opt for, if you want to prevent anemia.
- Raisins:Raisins are perhaps one of the best foods you can have. Being great sources of a large amount of nutrients, it helps to prevent anemia.
- Apricots:These help a lot prevent anemia a lot.
- Citrus fruits:Citrus fruits are superb sources of vitamins as well as minerals. These also help to prevent anemia.
- Melons: These are a great alternative that you can opt for and help o prevent anemia.
Anemia caused by deficiency of iron:
If your daily routine diet does not contain the correct amount of iron, then you may soon be landing yourself suffering from anemia caused due to iron deficiency.
What does iron do?:
Well, I must say that the main function of iron is to carry oxygen. Iron is the prime component of hemoglobin of the blood, which carries the oxygen starting from lungs right up to all the different body parts.
Storage of iron mainly occurs in the liver.
Iron intake should be monitored carefully. It is a major component in the fecesalong with the waste materials of the body.
It is even lost through the human skin while you are sweating. Moreover, it is also lost during menstruation. If a proper amount of iron is not taken in by the body through foods then you will really suffer from anemia.
Best sources of iron:
- Curry powder
Anemia caused due to deficiency of folic acid
If your diet has extremely low quantities of folic acid, then you are very likely to suffer from this deficiency. And it is another type of anemia.
Being a vitamin, it helps to form newer cells in the body, red blood cells being one of them. If your food has very less folic acid, then your RBC production will obviously be less.
What are the foods that have folic acid?
Some of the best sources of folic acid are as follows:
- Green beans
Anemia caused by deficiency of vitamin B 12:
Vitamin B 12 is one of the most important vitamins. It is needed for proper functioning of the body. It helps to form new red blood cells. Lack of this vitamin causes anemia in people. It is called pernicious anemia.
Foods that are good sources of vitamin B 12:
- Soya beans